Dr. Syed Waqar Ahmed Rizvi (b. Dec 05 1936) is an author, researcher, critic, linguist and scholar of Urdu literature and linguistics from Pakistan. He remained associated with the University of Karachi as Professor of Urdu and Arabic.
Dr. Waqar earned M.A. Urdu (1961), University of Delhi, M.A. Arabic (1962) Aligarh Muslim University and Ph.D (1984) degree from the University of Karachi and became one of the few scholars of on the subcontinent who were granted a D.litt degree from the same institution in 2004.
Dr. Waqar was born in Amroha in India. He has authored ten books, 450 research articles and participated in 106 national and international conferences.
=== Books ===
1. Hindi Reader (Hindi, 1976)
2. Muslim Scientists (English, 1987)
3. Tareekh-e-Jadeed Urdu Ghazal (Urdu, History of Modern Urdu Ghazal, 1988)
4. Ma'aroozi Tanqeed (Urdu, Objective Critique, 1989)
5. Ikhlaqiaat (Urdu, Ethics, 1990)
6. Tareekh-e-Adab Hindi (Urdu, History of Hindi Literature, 1993)
7. Muhazirat-ul-Quran (Urdu, Islamic, 1999)
8. Ikhlaqiaat (English, Ethics, 2002)
9. Tareekh-e-Naqd (Urdu, Critique, 2004)
10. Urdu (prose) translation of Shah Abdul Latif Bhittai's poetry